- 1kg of all-purpose flour
- 1/2oz (2 packets) yeast
- ¾ cup sugar
- 200g soft butter
- 4 eggs
- 150ml warm milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon
- Jubli® Coco spread or Jubli® honey spread
- 1egg (scrambled with a tablespoon of water)
For the glazed sugar syrup:
- 150g of sugar
- 150ml water
- 2 drops of vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift the flour.
- In a large mixing bowl pour the yeast and warm milk and let sit for five minutes.
- On a low speed using the dough hook slowly stir in flour, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt.
After 3-4 minutes of slow kneading, add the soft butter and increase to medium speed and knead for another 3-4 minutes until receiving a uniform dough.
Remove the dough from the mixer bowl, flatten it into a square, place on a tray, and place in the fridge for the night.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator, divide the dough into 4 equal parts. Roll each portion into 0.2’’ thick rectangle.
- Spread a thin layer of Jubli® (you can use the Coco or Honey spread) on half of the rectangle and cover with the other half, like a blanket.
- With a sharp knife cut long and thin triangles. Roll each triangle from its wide base to the tip. Repeat with all pieces of dough.
- On a baking sheets arrange the Rugelach with 1.5’’ between each other, and allow to rise for about half an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Before placing in the oven gently brush with the egg with water.
- Place in the oven for 30min or until golden.
- While the Rugelach rises prep the glazed sugar syrup: In a saucepan bring to a boil the sugar and water. After the sugar incorporates into the water remove from heat and let cool. Once cool to room temperature whisk in the vanilla extract.
- When the Rugelach are golden remove from the oven and generously brush the Rugelach with the glaze.