Purim Hamantaschen Filled with Delicious Jubli Cocoa Sesame Butter
INGREDIENTS (approximately 30 cookies):
- 3 cups (420g) white flour
- 100 grams of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 200 grams of cold butter
- 1 Egg + 1 Egg yolk
- Half a teaspoon of lemon zest
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- 1 Jar Jubli Cocoa Sesame butter
- In a food processor blend flour, powdered sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add butter and continue to process until crumbly.
- Add egg, egg yolk, lemon zest, and 1 tablespoon of milk (if necessary then another tablespoon of milk).
- Process until a ball of dough is formed.
- Wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees and line a baking pan with baking paper.
- Using half the amount of the dough (leave the rest in the fridge until needed) roll out on a floured surface to a ¼ inch thick.
- Cut 3 ½’’ circles with Cookie die or cup .
- Place a teaspoon of Jubli in the center of each circle.
- Using your thumb and forefinger Close the dough around the Jubli creating the shape of a triangle. Make sure the tips of the triangle are tightly pressed together to avoid leaking of the filling while baking.
- Place on the baking tray, at small intervals.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until slightly browned.