Oats, Dates & Jubli Butter Bars
- 1 1/2 cups Quaker oats
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 cup packed dates
- 1 cup Jubli butter
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 1/4 cup dark chocolate
- 7 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Prepare crust by adding oats, cocoa powder, and sea salt to a food processor and blending into a meal. Remove from bowl and set aside.
- Add dates to the food processor and mix/pulse until small bits remain or a ball forms. Break up the dates with a spoon so they're not all in one clump. Then add the oats-cocoa mixture back in and blend to combine until a loose dough is formed.
- Transfer the dough to a parchment-lined 8x8-inch baking dish and spread with fingers to evenly distribute. Then top with parchment paper or plastic wrap and use a flat-bottomed object - such as a drinking glass or measuring cup - to press and pack the crust into a solid, even layer. Remove parchment paper and set aside.
- Add Honey Jubli butter to a small mixing bowl along with and sea salt. Stir to combine.
- Add the Jubli butter mixture to the crust in spoonful’s. Then top with parchment paper again and use the same object from earlier to spread and pack the mixture down into a flat, uniform layer. Remove parchment paper and set in freezer to chill.
- Add finely chopped dark chocolate to a medium mixing bowl. Separately heat milk and butter in a saucepan on the stovetop. Pour the milk directly over the chocolate, whisk to combine until perfectly smooth.
- Remove 8x8-inch pan from the freezer and pour the ganache on top. Spread with a spoon until smooth. Then add back to the freezer to set for 10-15 minutes, or until semi-firm to the touch.
- Slice into desired number of bars.