Chocolate Jubli Butter Cake
- 3large eggs, at room temperature
- 1cup + 2 tablespoons buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1/4cup + 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4cup canola oil
- 1tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/4teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1/4teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- 1cup + 2 tablespoons hot black coffee
PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING
- 1 1/2cups creamy Jubli Honey butter
- 2 cupspowdered sugar
- 2sticks (1 cup) salted butter, at room temperature
- 2cups powdered sugar
- 1/2cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4cup heavy cream, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 3 (8-inch) round cake pans. Line with parchment paper, then butter/spray with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or use a hand-held mixer) beat together the eggs, buttermilk, yogurt, canola oil, and vanilla until smooth. Add the flour, sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combined and smooth. Slowly stream in the hot coffee, mixing until combined. The batter should be pourable, but not super thin.
- Pour the batter among the cake pans and bake 20 to 25 minutes, until the tops are just set and no longer wiggly in the center. Remove and let cool 5 minutes, then run a knife around the edges of the pan and turn the cakes out onto a cooling rack. Cover and let the cakes cool completely before assembling. To create a cleaning even look, simply take a serrated bread knife and slice off the top rounded portion of each cake layer.
- To make the Jubli butter frosting. Add the Jubli butter, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla to the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat until light and fluffy.
- To make the chocolate frosting. Add the butter, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla to the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat until light and fluffy. Add the heavy cream and whip the frosting for 1-2 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- To assemble, place one cake layer on a serving plate or cake stand. Spread half the Jubli butter frosting over the cake. Add the 2nd cake layer and spread with the remaining Jubli butter frosting. Add the final cake layer and frost the outside of the cake with the chocolate frosting.
- Decorate as desired with cake crumbs and drizzle warm Jubli Cocoa butter. Chill 1 hour to allow the cake to set. Serve, or store in a cool place at room temperature, or in the fridge for up to 3 days.