Retro-style lunchroom chocolate Jubli bars… picture a doughy buttery, Jubli butter cookie base, layered with creamy Jubli, and the most delectable, roll your eyes back good chocolate frosting that’s rich and fudgy. The added bonus is that these bars require only pantry staple ingredients and take almost no effort to make. They’re sweet, salty, crunchy, extra chocolatey, and every last bite is truly delicious. The perfect treat to enjoy as an afternoon/after-school/homeschool snack and for any upcoming fall gatherings with family or friends.
prep time | 20 minutes
cook time | 20 minutes
total time | 1 hour 40 minutes
servings | 24 bars
- 2 cups Jubli Honey Sesame Butter + 1 more cup (to spread over the baked bars)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup Jubli Cocoa Sesame Butter.
- 2-3cups powdered sugar
- 1/2cup cocoa powder
- 1/4cup warmed milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees. Line a 9×13 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, stir in the 2cups Jubli, brown sugar, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Press/spread the dough out into the prepared dish.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 18-22 minutes, until just set in the center.
- Remove from the oven and dollop tablespoon size spoonfuls of Jubli over the bars, lightly spreading the Jubli in an even thin layer. Let cool completely.
- To make the frosting: Add the Jubli Cocoa Sesame Butter, 2 cups powdered sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, and 1/4 cup warm milk to the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat until smooth, adding additional warm milk until the frosting becomes thicker, but still drizzly. Spread the frosting over the bars. Let set for 1-ish hour.
- Slice, snack, and enjoy!