This crepe cake is beautiful and delicious! Everyone will think it took you hours to prepare but it’s so simple when you’re using our fail proof blender crepes recipe. This is the easiest 30 layer cake you’ll make with 15 crepes and 15 layers of Jubli & cream.
prep time | 5 minutes
cook time | 1 hour
total time | 1 ½ hours
servings | 10
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 cup milk
- 4 large eggs
- 4 Tbsp unsalted melted butter, plus 3-4 more Tablespoons for the pan
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 jar Jubli Cocoa Sesame Spread
- Melt 3 Tablespoons of butter in the microwave or on the stove. Cool for about 5 minutes before using in the next step. The remaining butter is for the skillet.
- Combine the cooled melted butter, flour, sugar, salt, milk, water, and eggs to a blender or large food processor. If you don’t have a blender or food processor, use a large mixing bowl and whisk by hand. Blend on medium-high speed for 20-30 seconds until everything is combined. The mixture will be silky smooth and the consistency of cream. Cover the blender tightly or pour into a medium bowl, cover tightly, and chill in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes and up to 1 day.
- Cook the crepes: Use the remaining butter for greasing the pan between each crepe. Place an 8-inch skillet over medium heat and generously grease it with some of the reserved butter. If you don’t have a skillet this size, use a larger one but make sure you keep the crepes thin. Once the skillet is hot, pour 3-4 Tablespoons (closer to 3 is best) of batter into the center of the pan. Tilt/twirl the pan so the batter stretches as far as it will go. The thinner the crepe, the better the texture. Cook for 1-2 minutes, then flip as soon as the bottom is set. Don’t wait too long to flip crepes or else they will taste rubbery. Cook the other side for 30 seconds until set. Transfer the cooked crepe to a large plate and repeat with the remaining batter, making sure to butter the pan between each crepe. If desired, separate each crepe with parchment paper so they do not stick together. Though, if using enough butter in your pan, the crepes won’t stick.
- Fill the crepes. Warm up the Jubli in the microwave for 30 seconds. When the Jubli is nice and warm place the first crepe layer onto your serving platter and spread about 1 Tbsp of Jubli between each crepe layer for a total of 15 crepes and 14 layers of Jubli.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least 3 hours or until the Jubli has firmed up (can be made a day ahead) – it will be much easier to slice after refrigeration and won’t slide apart.
- To serve, dust with powdered sugar and top with fresh berries if desired.