prep time | 20 minutes
cook time | 45 minutes
total time | 8 hours
servings | 10
- 2-2¼cups all-purpose flour
- 1 bag (10grams) of vanilla sugar
- 2 tablespoons of sugar + 3 teaspoons for molding
- ½ tablespoon (6 grams) of dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) of milk
- 2 whole large eggs
- 1 large egg separated into egg white and yolk
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¾ cup (150 grams) of butter at room temperature
- 1½ cup grams Jubli® Cocos spread
- 1½ cup Dulce de leche (from real milk)
GLAZED SUGAR SYRUP
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 drops of vanilla extract (optional)
- 3 tablespoons rum / brandy (optional)
- Attach the kneading hook to the mixer head.
- Sift 2 cups flour into the mixer bowl. Add vanilla sugar, 2 tablespoons sugar and dry yeast and mix on low speed. Add milk, 2 eggs, the egg white of the separated egg and half of the yolk. the other half is put in a bowl, add ½ tablespoon of water, and keep in the refrigerator for the glaze.
- Gradually increase the mixer to medium speed. Mix for 5-7 minutes for a very smooth dough. Stop occasionally and clean the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Add salt during kneading.
- Gradually add the butter to the dough (one teaspoon at a time). Weight until the butter is incorporated in the dough before adding the next teaspoon. Stop occasionally and clean the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Continue kneading for another 10 minutes at medium speed – the dough should be very soft and quite sticky. If it is too soft, you can add some more of the remaining flour.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured bowl. Sprinkle a little flour over the dough, cover with plastic and leave to rise for an hour.
- Punch in the dough to take the air out of it and return it to its original size, cover again and put in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours. During this time, the dough will increase and double its volume and become stiffer and more stable.
- With the remaining butter grease the inside of In a Kugelhopf Bundt Pan Cake Mold or chiffon cake pan. Use 2-3 teaspoons of sugar to coat the interior of the mold.
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator, and knead it briefly to get the air out. Divide the dough into 4 equal parts. Roll out each portion on a well-floured surface to a leaf measuring 25×30 cm. Brush the scrambled yolk on one of the edges of the dough.
Spread on the remaining leaf area a quarter of the Jubli® quarter of the Dulce de leche.
- Roll each piece into a tight scroll – starting from the farthest side from the yolk side and rolling towards the yolk side. Cut the first scroll into 4 equal parts and lay them on the bottom of the mold. stretch the second scroll a little, and cut it into six parts and place them as a second layer over the first scroll. The remaining two rolls stretch, cutting each into 8 parts and arranging them in the third and fourth layers. You can brush a joke between the third and fourth there and on top of the fourth layer.
Cover the mold with plastic let it rise for 45-60 minutes.
- Baking: Preheat the oven to medium heat (355 degrees in a lower-heat scheme).
Brush the top rolls of dough again with the scrambled egg yolk. Bake in the middle rack of the oven for 45-40 minutes, until the cake becomes nice and brown. Allow the cake to cool almost completely before extracting it from the mold.